What toy are best for a lil baby?

My son is three months old and loves to be entertained and to play he is awake ALOT almost all day and to be honest I run out of things to do to keep him happy and its sad because he gets bored and I feel like I am negelting him, so I really need some good ideas for toys play centers stuff like that something that will last him a while and that he wonot get so easily bored with

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • If you dont have one already I would by a glow worm. I got one for my grandson when he was little and didnt understand christmas at all. I also then got him clothes, new blankeys and some rattles.

Answer by gemgem at 3:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I had that same problem with my little one. She never really found anything that entertained her, but I did notice she loved things that are black and white. I would get flash cards that had numbers on them and she loved when I would shower her them and then say the number/word on it. She also liked the shape ones. I would try one of those pianos that you can put in their crib or they can kick and/or slap at on the floor. They seem to really like those and they grow up with them. It seemed the less money I spent on something she loved. You can let her play with plastic bowls, spoons, lids, and other things like that.
    hotty2u14

Answer by hotty2u14 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Toys that light up really catch my daughters eyes...She loves the color red that also gets her interested...There are little play center things with a mat and something that goes over top of it with a bunch of toys on it..Maybe a roll ball my daughter loves hers..
    gracie43008

Answer by gracie43008 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My guy is the same age and is getting really into his mobiles as well as his gym...he can now grap at the things hanging overhead and kick the ball at his feet. Otherwise, his favorite toys are Mommy and Daddy (the ticklemonsters!) and this little-dog-head-on-a-blanket thing that I make bark at him and give him kisses. Otherwise, there's not a whole lot. He can't really hang onto things yet, and doesn't understand what each of his body parts can do, so there's not a lot of playing he can do.

Every kid picks up on different things at a different time, so maybe your's is ready for a little bit more...my guy just likes to be talked to (or to watch movies and the computer). :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• let him play with things around ur house like a empty toilet paper roll,empty pill bottle,this also teaches baby.lights and sound keybord.the wiggles show,jhonny jumper.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 4:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Mine liked things they could hold onto. The little plastic links that you use to attach toys to things were more popular than the actual toys. They also had some little toys that had rings and different textures all over that they really liked. If you get a floor gym, I would suggest getting one that has lots of places to attach different toys so you can change it up on a regular basis. If you have a bouncer seat with a toy bar you can use more links to bring the toys a little closer to your baby if he can't really reach them yet - just be careful not to put anything too hard or too heavy.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:56 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Floor gym
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• wrist and ankle rattles are good since they can't drop them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• A 3 -in-1 gym would be a good investment.

http://www.littletikes.com/Toys/musical-ocean-3-in-1-gym.aspx?Ne=1&N=26+109
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My son loves linky doos or whatever they call them. They are links that connect to toys. I also prop some books around him to look at.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2008