Is there anything i can do.

my daughter has a really bad cough when she sleeps and we dont get much rest and medicine doesnt seem to work. i use mucinex cough, and it says it temporarily relieves cough. is there anything else i can do? and also right now she just threw up. she hasnt ate anything new. so i dont know what else it can be. i do have pedialite. so ill be giving her that and water to be hydrated.

lilshortie415

Asked by lilshortie415 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would go to the pharmacy, like they have in CVS and ask the pharmacist what they think.  I know when my DD was coughing a lot I went in and told them what her symptoms were and they told me what to get.  I bought it and it worked great.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Try vicks on her feet then socks on top. Do this before bed. I know it's weird. But it has worked wonders!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You can try propping the mattress up at her head with some extra pillows or a blanket. It sounds like the cough may be post nasal drip and laying flat will make the child cough, but when you prop the head up a little the coughing dosnt happen.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• if she is breathing loudly when she sleeps, coughing and stuff, and throwing up phlam, take her to the docs. it could be something worse than a simple cold and they might be able to give you meds for her
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I agree with the above poster about vicks on the feet. If you can raise the head of her bed (pillows under the mattress help). Also, a humidifier and a multi-symptom cold tylenol might be helpful in case the cough is from drainage.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 9:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2011