Question about off brand formulas and name brand formulas.....

DD is on Similac Sensitive and WIC gives us 8-9 cans to help easy the money spent on formula every month. Would it be ok to by Parents Choice Sensitive and give to her along with the Similac? I done the research and PC is the same thing as Sim. just cheaper.

aussiesmummie

Asked by aussiesmummie at 3:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can try, just watch for symptoms. we tried PC, but it gives my DD gas like crazy, so we're not using that anymore, she's on Enfamil.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• We use PC and like it better than any others..... I'd try it and see if she can handle the combo, but I think I'd make her bottle half and half at first to help her stomach adjust.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• When my son was born he was on Enfamil in the hospital, then when we got home we had gotten 4 cans of Enfamil in the mail so we used those until they were gone & then we used a couple big packets of Similac that came in the mail. After all that was gone we switched him to Parents Choice. He's been on Parents Choice since he was about 2 months. He's totally healthy, at his 9 months checkup he was 19.4 pounds and 31 inches long, he'll be 1 on the 13th and he's still drinking Parents Choice. Parents Choice does have some more of different vitamins but it's still pretty much the same.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 3:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Im using the parents choice, she was on enfamil in the hospital and a week after. The off brand is the same. she is doing good on it
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 4:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• it did fine for my son
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• It should be fine.....I always used kroger brand
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• It is fine for my twins. Actually, I use just about any store brand that is on sale. My son's gastro doctor said all formula is basically the same so any of them would be fine.

sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I use parents choice and Tony is fine.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2008