is it okay if i do this with mashed potatoes

i was thinking about making mashed potatoes now and then put in the fridge until dinner time then heat it up in microwave? so that i dont have to do so many dishes to wash after dinner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Food & Drink

• sweetie i do that to my mash potatoes all the time cause my hubby is a farmer and a trucker driver so really you don't know when he comes home ..lol..
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 3:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I'm sure you could reheat mashed potatoes but don't know if they turn out as good as when they're freshly made. I saw this recipe for day before mashed potatoes and am thinking about trying it. If your interested go to www.allrecipes.com and then to the recipe search for day before mashed potatoes.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i just had mashed potatoes for lunch - i nuked them and mixed in a little more milk. i made these 3 days ago. they were so good!
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 3:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Sure, they are great reheated. You might need to add a little milk (or cream, if you're feeling decadent), but they'll be perfect.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 8:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Heck yah! just add a lil milk or water to make them creamy again and they are good.
    loriec

Answer by loriec at 9:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Actually, we make huge batches of mashed potatoes (when the 50 lb bag goes on sale at the farmer's market) then put family size servings in freezer bags and pop 'em in the deep freeze! this way we have them whenever we want, they last about 6 months, and we save alot more money. Just add milk and butter when you're reheating them and you won't know the difference. We also premake batches of potato pancakes and french fries and freeze them too. yeah, we're poor, saving 4 bucks on spuds doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'll take it :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:49 AM on Nov. 27, 2008