Why is it MOM has to stay up with the sick baby all night while DAD seems to just sleep right through it???

We both work full time, he works at the office, I work out of the house. And then he comes home and is tired and complains that he had a long day.....like I didnt?? I've never been this annoyed before so is it that I'm over tired or just want to start an argument.

eriqaca

Asked by eriqaca at 4:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes you are ovetired. But that is part of being the Mother. Sorry, it's just true. Mom's make way more sacrafices for their kids then fathers ever seem to.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Your overtired and it's mom instinct with getting up with baby. Dads never seem to have the same instinct. I think he should stop complaining to you though...
    Anonymous

• Yes, you are tired. I was always the one who got up with sick kids because I wanted to be there for them. Dads don't know what to do in daylight with a sick kid, I think the middle of the night he might be clueless anyway. Maybe he could help you out in the evening - even if he is tired - so you could catch up with work. He does need to stop complaining as though you had a good night sleep and at home work is like not working. I know women who worked at night and to the family, who was sleeping, they didn't get much credit for working at all.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 10:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2008