Unwanted Hair

Ok ladies kind of a private question and my answer too.........

I am 43 and have always since I can remember been overly hairy except in places where I wish there was more (My head of course) I have to shave my entire body, arms, full legs, under arms, toes, and of course the hoo ha everyday if not every other day. If I were a man I could grow the most sexy 5 o"clock shadow, does anyone else have the Sasquatch disease? I.m afraid when I'm old my children will put me in the circus as the bearded lady....:)

buttonlts

Asked by buttonlts at 5:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I know EXACTLY what you're talking about and I'm so glad you made the Sasquatch reference. I've used that one for years!! One word : Spironolactone. It's the only thing that has ever helped! I'm not going out for that swim suit model audition but it has made such a HUGE difference in my life. It's indescribable how much better I feel about myself and I don't feel like I have to wear jeans and a turtleneck all the time! LOL PM if you want. Hair controlled my life. I can wear pretty clothes now. =)
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 5:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Aww. Your not a sasquatch!! Have you seen a Dr about this? It's an actual disease that causes women to grow excessive hair on their body's. I saw a commercial a few months ago for some Medication that stops the overgrowing. See a Dr.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• The medication is outrageous even with insurance
    buttonlts

Comment by buttonlts (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I dont have that problem, I feel for you...I have a friend that has had that problem all the way back, since she was a kid. Im gonna ask her how she deals with it, thats all Ive got. sorry.
    JLP2009

Answer by JLP2009 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• IDK if your "outrageous with insurance" comment was about what the first person posted or not. My Dr. writes the spiro "for water retention" and I've never had any problem from the insurance co.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 5:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• what does water retention have to do with an overage share of hair??? Just asking :)
    buttonlts

Comment by buttonlts (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• so embarrassed i have to go anon.. :-( lol..
    But yes! Im 27! I have sideburns. mustache.tons of chin hair (not just the few your grandma tries to keep plucked). I have a thicker happy trail than my husband. and thick inner thigh hair... Oh ya DONT forget nipple hair! Which is horrible since my dh is a boob guy!

Its horrible. it controls alot of my life & how i feel about myself. I try to hide it, but im sure everyone knows,sees-just doesnt know how to bring it up.. i pluck face daily.. bleach weekly..
    I try to talk to hubby about it.. but i cannot. I flench/move if he tries to touch my chin. He cannot see my breast in the light (unless ive plucked), i hate for him to see my belly b/c of happy trail.. he thinks i keep a top on cuz of my weight--- nope.. its my hair.. :-(
    Anonymous

• Would laser help at all? Does waxing help? I know, it hurts and you can't wax or NADS all of it but maybe the legs?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had some issues. But my 3 Chemos took every single hair off my Body. So I'm starting over.. Maybe its a chemical imbalance? Did you see there's a new laser removal unit. Its under $300.00. I heard of it on Dr. Oz. Maybe that would help. Then after awhile it won't come back? We all have issues.. I hope you find what works and helps!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm 21 years old and have had this problem since I was 13. I have PCOS ( polycystic ovarian syndrome) and it causes it. Its always embarrassed me and I hate it but I always manage to keep it under control. I also have to shave EVERYWHERE (besides my face because I know it'll just get worse). I used to go to a salon and get my face (chin, lip, eyebrows, sideburns) waxed but I now have my own wax bowl and wax myself, which is super simple and saves me a lot of money. But you are definitely not alone here.

tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 6:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2011