Im addicted to pepsi

ive been drinking pepsi for a long time... i want to lose weight and i always try but i cant give up the pop... i tried switching to other drinks and everything.. any suggestions?

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm addicted too mama....no offense to momofone....but cold turkey???? that sounds like cruel and unusual punishment for us pepsi drinkers lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• cut back?
    I'm no help,my husband works for Pepsi! The more people drink,the better off we are!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Vicesix is right, it's the sugar and caffeine. Stop all sugar at the same time you stop the Pepsi. Sugar is highly addictive. Substitute flavored caffeine-free herbal tea (like Celestial Seasons) with no sweetener for two weeks. (Brew it and chill it in a pitcher.) If you think you can control yourself, feel free to add a bit of sugar, like 1/4 teaspoon, but use the natural raw sugar. If you get used to it without any sugar, all the better. Train yourself to eat only a bite or two of sugary sweets, one small cookie instead of 5, etc. You might find that once the sugar is out of your system for awhile, you won't have major cravings. If you still can't kick the sweets habit, then eat small amounts of dark chocolate daily and go to Trader Joes or shop online to find a delicious variety of dried fruit you can sub for sweets. Just as convenient as candy but more vitamins and fiber...
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 3:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Im addicted to mountain dew I know how hard it is to cut back. Try and drink more water..thats what I do
    Sessy89

Answer by Sessy89 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i have the same problem sorry!
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 3:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I drink diet pepsi - it's not great but at least there's no calories. I don't go overboard either.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Hear ya on that one but one slight change of words.......DIET COKE LOL We are getting really tapped for money lately and would rather eat than drink. So i only have one if i go out (which is once a week) or go to the store. I have one once a week if that. I read where it makes you fat.... and besides my daughter keeps telling me it causes cancer. In class at her High School one of her teachers had a chicken bone sitting in a glass of soda after about 18 days or so and it dissolved away to nothing.
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 9:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Just keep trying. Eventually, you'll break the hold. I was the same way with Coca Cola, now I don't touch the stuff.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• just stop. cold turkey. no going in that aisle at the store. hun before i became a nutrition freak i would drink a 12 pack of soda within 3 days. i was never fat but it wasn't healthy. you don't need to put any other beverage into your body besides water. you need to combat thirst. drink a full glass of water when you first wake up and have a glass every 2 hours. that's how much water you should be drinking. if you're not thirsty then you won't want soda and water will also wash the weight off your body
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011