How much do you spend on Easter baksets?

My 5 year old and I are going out of town Easter weekend to Chicago and I don't really want to try to hide a bunch of stuff in the luggage. I was thinking a 100 dollar gift card to Build a bear since we'll be at Navy pier in Chicago on Easter. I don't know if that's too much though.

I was thinking the Easter bunny could put it in a card, instead of there being a basket.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• no more than $20 unless I am stuffing my own then I keep it under $50
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Well, I spend about 15-20 dollars on mine. We reuse the basket each year and they get a small toy, candy and a book. SO in my book $100 seems a bit much. Especially since you can build a bear for like $35 if you are careful.  But thats me.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• wow , I think that is way too much, you dont have to hide anything, just a small basket with maybe coloring book and cayons for travel and some small trinkets. I dont even spend $20 for all three of my kids on Easter, since when did it become another gift grubbing holiday?
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 5:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Around $25. They get $ and other things from their eggs though. We always hide eggs with money in them. Some can have a quarter, some two quarters, $1, etc and there is always a grand prize egg with $10. They also get chore coupons. They get a one week off from a chore, or a free pass for something like mowing the lawn.

Answer by gemgem at 5:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I make my own and it has varied over the years in amounts depending on finances. We are comfortable nowdays and will most likely do $50 baskets for each kid. I put quality things in there, very little candy.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• the nice thing about being a mom is getting to make you own unique choices .ive heard of some neat things moms cook up .i bet she would love that
    RAVENRABIT

Answer by RAVENRABIT at 5:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I usually spend ~$10-20 on each kid, so $100 for one kid seems a bit much :/ But, its your kid and your decision regardless :D
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Of course i have to hide it. Otherwise she'll know it was me and not the Easter Bunny.

Well I planned on taking her to Build a bear anyway, but i thought the giftcard in replace of the easter basket would be better. Like it's something the easter bunny thought of.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Kids think the easter bunny brings them chocolate, and small toys....not gift cards...that seems a bit un easter ish to me..
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Usually we give a couple of toys(last year she got a Littlest petshop set, a Tiana barbie, a night gown, a little bit of candy and other things. the easter basket was a carrying box thing for her littlest petshop.

I was thinking the gift card with a card saying something about how since she was in Chicago this year he decided to give her a gift card to pick out a build a bear and outfits and other things.

We're doing a lot of stuff that weekend that she' going to love. I just want the trip tobe extra special.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2011