I need opinions

My Fil has not seen my son since he was a month old he is now 5 months old. he has pushed us out of his life and we don't know what to do. we have tried calling they never answer and the only thing left is to try to go talk to him. Should I or should i just leave him out of LO's life?

Mrs.Graff

Asked by Mrs.Graff at 5:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd let sleeping dogs lie. You've tried,why resort to begging?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It has really devastated my SO
    I guess that would be the only reason
    Mrs.Graff

Comment by Mrs.Graff (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You could send holiday cards by mail and include notes and photos.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 5:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• We have thought about sending an easter gift for his younger sister (shes 6)
    Mrs.Graff

Comment by Mrs.Graff (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You need to let him come to you. Whatever his problem is, he is going to have to come to terms and come to you when he is ready. Until that time, move on with your life. You can't stop everything because your FIL does not want to be apart of your family. However, make sure you send pictures of your family so they won't forget you. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 5:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Thank you my SO really wants him to be there to see LO grow up but for some reason thats not working out :(
    I will send him some pictures
    Mrs.Graff

Comment by Mrs.Graff (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do! Do you know why he just won't speak to you or come over? Its not you missing out, though. He's the one missing out on a great opportunity of watching your little one grow up.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Keep calling, keep inviting, and know you are doing everything you can. I hope it changes for you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011