How can I con vince my son, that in gym it doesn't matter how good you really are in certain sports. ?

He doesn't like taking gym. because he's not very good at certain sports. And I guess the kids at this age just want to win all the time. How do I keep convincing him not to give up, and just to keep doing his best. ?

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 5:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Is it because he is being teased about it? kids that age are so mean. My son has wentt hrought hat too.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• maybe get him some of the equipment used in those sports or look into batting practice or something like that depending which sports he needs help with. from 13-20 sports are huge in a guy's life.. just trying your best isn't enough for them sadly.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• :-( Parents raise their children to stay away from sports and then their poor kids get to an age where they are left out because of that. Sports are great and it's a pity you didn't encourage your son to be active and involved from a young age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No, he did like sports he played all sorts of sports. It all started this year. I don't know if the other kids are starting to be competative in sports and my son just likes to play for the fun of it. ?
    incarnita

Comment by incarnita (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Sports go from something fun to play to something extremely competitive in middle school. "Sports" in PE class shouldn't be like that. "Sports" in PE class should be about getting the kids up and moving.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:34 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Just keep being encouraging.
    hotchocolatema1

Answer by hotchocolatema1 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2011