What is a good anniversary gift

next month we will be married for a year im so excited, but what do i get him? what do guys really want? tools? clothes?

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• LOL I would get him and video game and nookie
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I know there is a list somewhere of traditional gifts for each year of marriage. The traditional for year one is paper, modern is a clock. I got my husband a really nice antique clock for ours. And then we went to dinner, had some wine, a movie etc.

Answer by gemgem at 5:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Paper is the traditional first anniversary gift. Something made of paper Id guess
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It depends what he's in to. I think they always need clothes. My ex loved tools. What other interests does he have?
    JLP2009

Answer by JLP2009 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I never know what I'm going to get my husband for birthday/anniversary/etc., until I go to the store and look at stuff...and somehow I always find something :D

We didn't get each other anything for our first anniversary because we just didn't have the money. A friend watched our oldest (not even a year old) for us so we could have a lunch date, and that's what we did. And iirc, I had gotten a $25 gift certificate to the restaurant for free, so we pretty much didn't spend anything for that date.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2011