What do you like to eat and drink when you have a killer sore throat?

My throat is so sore I don't even want to talk. I woke up with it this morning. It's drainage from allergies. Too much pollen outside.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 5:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Health

• popsicles
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Tea or something hot. I will suck on sugar free candy all day just to keep my throat moist and then i can eat
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Tea with lemon and real honey helps mine if it's soar. The tree pollen has coated everything here in it's yellow green dust a 1/2 thick here in SC. I FEEL your pain woman!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i can't remember the last time i had a sore throat. however i do remember that honey helped SOOO much. i'd get the squeeze bottle of pure honey and just let it pour down slowly and it would sooth it. my best friend does this too, she's prone to sore throats
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I always want salt and vinegar potato chips for the tartness.

I usually drink soda. Not the best thing to have, but it feels like that acidity helps the drainage.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 6:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Hot drinks, usually tea. Water or orange juice if i'm not otherwise sick (like feeling sick to the stomach)
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Drinking water seems to hurt my throat worse so I trink tea and carbonated drinks. I try to fall asleep with my mouth closed at night so it doesn't get worse. try some chicken broth too. They have flavored now, my fave is garlic when I'm sick

MoonMamma3

Answer by MoonMamma3 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Tea, popsicles, chicken broth
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• To soothe my sore throat I take a couple spoonfuls (large spoons lol) of apple cider vinegar (which is disgusting but for me it works) then spend the rest of the day drinking hot tea with honey and lemon....it's usually compleltly gone by the end of the day
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• coca cola. it cuts the crap out that sticks to the back of your throat and makes it hurt.
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 6:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011