My 2 year old won't eat much anymore. Anyone else's?

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son has days that he grubs and days he just eats a little
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My 5 year old barely eats. It's a stage. My older son barely ate too. He started eating at around 9. As long as you offer healthy snacks like grapes, banana and carrot sticks he'll be fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Mine will be 3 next month and she eats very little plus has a limited menu of what she will actually eat. I offer new things daily. I guess she will grow out of it. My oldest child was like that but still at her age he ate better than what she is doing. I think it's because kids at this age would rather play than sit down and eat. Their tumies get full quickly, often with liquid. My dd is a milkaholic. She likes water too. Hey, it's better than soda and juice lol. She mostly likes bland foods still and a few fruits,dairy and grains. I give her a multivitamin daily and her weight is perfect so I'm not really worried. I think I went wrong with using commercial baby food when she was an infant. I've noticed tha she is still to this day afraid to try any food that doesn't have a familiar texture or consistentcy. She has yet to eat pasta of any kind, including mac 'n' cheese. Next baby I'm making all of the baby food!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• GROWTH SPERT!! Studys have proven the average human being will eat 2-3 time more will their body is growing!! And when the human being is not eating so much that means the body is resting up for another growth spert.

Hope that is going to ease your worry mind in that area mom!!
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 1:30 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My dd was in that phase from about eighteen months to just a few weeks ago at age three. It is just a phase, and as long as your child is not loosing too much weight they should be fine. They will eat when they are hungry. All you can really do is offer healthy choices every chance you get.
    MommyShannon90

Answer by MommyShannon90 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Mine went through this like a monthe ago. I was feeding him new things and the foods he like and still nothing all he wanted was Milk all day. I just would try to give him fruit so he would have some thing. My older one is now 12yr but he didnt like eating meat when he was younger so i would buy those shakes for kids they have choc. vanl. stwb. and it helped out and it made me fell good like he wasnt missing any thing.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011