Is this bad to feel this way?

So right now, my DH, two children, cat, and I live with my FIL. I reallly really really don't like my FIL and the house we live in is 2 story, so it makes things difficult when it comes to getting what my kids need (ex- their clothes are upstairs and we are down stairs and need a clean shirt, I'm pregnant so it's difficult to lug a 2.5yr old &14mo old up the stairs for a shirt) stuff like that. My husband knows I'm unhappy here, he is too and my oldest daughter refuses to call where we live, HOME. We haven't lived on our own in a long time and i really want to live without in laws. But, my MIL is coming down from Oregon to AZ and is going to rent a house with us when she gets here. She let us stay with her in Oregon rent free for a month when we were there so its only right that we let her stay with us but....I'm just so sick of living with Inlaws. They always get in the way when I'm trying to take care of my kids and I feel like I can never get anything done bc they are using the shower when I need to bathe my kids or the washing machine is taken when the kids clothes are dirty except for a couple outfits.

Does anyone understand what i'm saying...or is it wrong to feel this way :(

MoonMamma3

Asked by MoonMamma3 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't think it is wrong that you are feeling frustrated. I get like that two and I live with my mother. For the moment I do have an idea that you could try while still at you fil's. When you get the kids to sleep get a basket and go upstairs and grab what you think you will need for the next day and take it down stairs that way you will not have to make any trips up there during the day. You just need to take all this a day at a time and when you are living with your mil set up a schedule of times when you need the bathroom or washer or other things for your kids. Maybe that way you will get what you need done and everyone else can have their turn.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• The saying goes, beggars CANT be choosers. Try doing whats necessary in order for you to be able to live on your own with your hubby. Like oh...I dunno.. STOP having baby's and OR get a job on midnights and sacrifice sleep so you have enough $$ to live on your own , or learn to live with it. They are bending over backwards to help 2 people who were obviously NOT prepared to be having kids and on their own. And you are bitching over YOUR wants and needs. How very selfish of you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• ty angelmine2011. Thats actually a great Idea. I'm 4 mo pregnant so Its getting difficult to run up and down the stairs for things.
    MoonMamma3

Comment by MoonMamma3 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2011