Need help now....meals thats stretch

I just let my son and his girlfriend come to stay with me for 2 weeks. Already made a huge pot of spagetti and a huge pot of beef stroganoff and it's all gone. Need to figure out some meals I can make that will last a couple of days. Them being here makes 4 of us counting dh. HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Chili goes far. Cold Tuna noodle salad as well. Id be finding out things they arnt to fond of and make those so they dont eat so much. LOLOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• soup or chili. chili is really good if you make some rice too (so it fills you up faster and it's actually really good)
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 6:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• chicken corn soup, chicken pot pie, could bake a big ole turkey lol they last a few day and you can do lots with them.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• buy an ENORMOUS case of eggs and many loaves of bread

deviled eggs, egg salad sandwiches, french toast, fried eggs and toast, fried egg sandwiches, and so on

very versatile... so much so it takes a good few weeks to get sick of them. supplement with a meal including fresh fruit and another w/ some sausage or bacon. VERY cheap eats
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Chicken and rice can be stretched. Be sure to use the water you boiled the chicken parts in to cook the rice for added flavor. Seasoned salt is good to add.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 6:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I agree about the eggs also potato (anything), casseroles, anything with beans, split pea soup, pasta, ???
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'd also look into things that can be lunches and dinners. Like a ridiculously enormous vat of tuna salad. It can be for lunch lighter version on lettuce or plain/as if and again for dinner on toasted rolls with chips or fries on the side.

Also stock up on frozen pizzas.... best sale u can find
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have a fam. of 6 including, a picky hubby, and 3 picky children, (the youngest is only 8mos) So I don't know about meals that stretch, but i def. know cheap!! lol. Grilled cheese and soup. pancakes. chicken tenders/ nuggets and fries. Mac'n'cheese and hotdogs. Lasagna and butter bread. Frozen pizza. Cold cut sandwiches and some kind of salad. (Potato, macaroni, regular, or chips) Chili. Sloppy joes. Hope you can find some idea's in there. Good luck!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 6:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• potatoes, ground beef, rice, chicken. eggs, eggs, tortillas
    nonni2

Answer by nonni2 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• big batch of sloppy joe's, chili and rice, rice and beans, ham and cheddar soup, bean soup, beef stew, tacos, enchiladas
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011