How can I get my 2 yr old son to KEEP HIS DIAPER ON?

He isn't potty trained yet, we ware working on it, but in the mean time he keeps taking off his diaper and PEEING on EVERYTHING. Today he peed all over his fav. blanket, his pillow and one of our dogs. To make matters worse, my washer isn't working so I can't just wash the pee off of his "woobie" so I then have to listen to him cry about not being able to have it. I would REALLY appreciate any advice, I am willing to try anything at this point!

Nicholeb211

Asked by Nicholeb211 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Every time he takes his diaper of put him on the toilet and tell him this is were you do that at.

Answer by louise2 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• duct tape
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 3:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i agree duct tape will work. you could try pullups, since you are pottytraining
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• ok so I tried the duct tape and he keeps screaming "hup you taki off" b/c he can't get his diaper off
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I had to start with pull ups on my DD cause she did the same thing. If I'm out of pull ups and only had regular diapers she has to wear pants.
    unknwndreamer

Answer by unknwndreamer at 5:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• he won't keep any of his clothes on, so pants are not an option either, and I tried onseies but I can't find any to fit him, he wears a 3T
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I used duct tape to keep my 2 yr olds diaper on. She took it off constantly. So I just taped it. She hated it! But I wasn't going to follow her around with a bucket and a mop, so she just had to get used to it.
    bkbecca

Answer by bkbecca at 5:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• When a 2 year old starts taking their diaper off. That'sa sign to potty train them. Stop putting diapers or pull ups on him in the daytime. Just underpants, hell learn quick  to do it in the toilet. When he is wet all the time.

Answer by louise2 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 27, 2008