Need HELP on blended families?

Is anyone in a blended family? I need advice?

Apryl9

Asked by Apryl9 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• with what?
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Whats going on???
    emmapsmom

Answer by emmapsmom at 7:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Everything with four teenagers...They wont obey the rules, they disrespect me, they scream at me...My youngest step daughter that is 12 has a mental disorder EDD. She is very defiant, throws temper tantrums until she gets her way. She is lazy, doesnt do her homeowork, wont do our chores. We fight daily. Her mother is not in the picture well she sees her every other weeekend but mom is a addict of all things, she doesnt have a job, acts like a kid herself...When the kids go see their mother they come home evil. I cant handle it. I have tried to talk to my husband about it but he just stares at me and tells me to be patient. It has been almost 9 months of living together and it is not getting better. How much time do I give them to respect me. Also I have a 16 yr old step daughter that is being raised by her step dad, but she is bad too..He just spoils them with things but no LOVE
    Apryl9

Comment by Apryl9 (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2011