I took a Sudafed at 1pm. It's making my heart race....

I have a soccer game at the stadium at 7pm. By then do you think it's okay to have one beer? Or will that make the heart racing worse? Ugh....darn cold. I know, not wise to drink anything under either condition but...gonna be hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Health

• i wouldnt drink, sounds like you are reacting to the sudafed. i would drink some lemon tea with honey. beer wouldnt help though you can always throw a shot of brandy in your tea...
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Beer is not really a stimulant... but all the same, I wouldn't mix it. It sounds like you are not tolerating the Sudafed really well, so mixing anything, including alcohol is definitely NOT good!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sudafed contains an ingredient that does that - it's why people who have heart conditions aren't supposed to take it. So...no, I wouldn't drink, and if your body responded this way to it, I wouldn't take it again.
    Anonymous

• I dont take sudafed because it does the same thing to me and makes me LOOPY. DONT drink any type of booze or it may get worse. Take only half the regular dose next time or buy a different over the counter for the cold. Hope you feel better soon.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011