What to do??

okay...I just found out I am pregnant. This is baby #2 for me. I am 23 years old I had my first child at 19, I was married and divorced. This babys father is someone I want to be with forever, we have picked out rings and down payments are made. He is 19 and I am 23, this is his first child. What does everyone think of that? My mother absolutely hates him due to his age and she has no idea I am pregnant yet. Babys father is excited and already buying baby books lol please tell me what everyone thinks about me being 23 and him being 19 and how I can tell me mom I am pregnant yet again especially when she does not like him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The age thing doesnt matter.. It would be the same if u were 19 and him 23 no biggie. Your mom is goin to find out ur pregnant no matter what you do so u just tell her. Take her out to eat and explain you understand she doesnt like him but he makes you happy. And somewhere in the mix tell her you plan on gettin married and your now having his baby. If she loves you and wants you to be happy she will get over it. Kids change a lot so you never know what this baby will bring. ask your mom to try to understand your feelings and to get along with him for you and the kids
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• tell your mom, but don't get married to the father just yet. you guys should probably try living together first. before and after the baby is born so you'll get a real idea of how he is
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Age is a number and 19 and 23 ARE NOT that far apart. Your Mom will come around after a few years of marriage, or you may have to sit her down and have a long talk and explain things and tell her to back off with the open hate because you'd hate to have to cut her out of your life over her hatred for the hubby. Maybe she will learn to keep quiet so she can be a part of you and your kid's lives.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I am much older than my husband to be. Our wedding date is in 2 weeks. People do not even realize there is an age difference between us unless someone points it out. I am 40 and he is 27. We have been together 6 years. He has never had friends his age and always chosen an older crowd. I love him and he loves me and we are very happy. Our families are supportive too. I think your mom will come around when she figures out that he is a good guy and good for you. I would just go with it and be happy. Its your life so live it and enjoy. Dont worryabout what others say.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Thank you all! Its like she don't want me to be happy, I have never in my life seen something like it lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• it is your life, do what makes you happy:)
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• If you are happy with him, then what else matters?? Though I will say, keep in mind that guys tend to take longer to mature....but if he's right where you want him, then good for you! Congrats on finding yourself happiness... ohh and on baby #2 too!! :)
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I think you shouldn't be worried about what everyone else thinks. If you are doing what is best for your family (you & your children) then that is all that matters. As far as your mom goes, I would just tell her, expect her to get angry or upset, and then let her be & she'll get over it.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:29 AM on Mar. 26, 2011