I dont get paid maternity leave, is there anything out there for the state of Tx?? Im stressing so much about it!

tcabello0204

Asked by tcabello0204 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm in NY. But I was able to collect disability for 6 weeks. It was only $175 per week though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• depending on how far along you are, you can get short term disability through Aflac. You can get up to 80% of your normal pay..I got $1600 for 12 weeks.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• hmm i know in florida there is cash assistance i was in the same nout i would contact your local food stamp office they should be able to give you more info
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• you can use short term disability...however, you have to have it in place or they will consider it a "pre-existing" condition...stupid but that's the way it works...if you don't already have it and have been paying into it, then you won't be able to get it. I started paying into mine in December and had my daughter the following November...I recieved $1300 every 2 weeks. it was a percentage of my pay.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• just start saving like mad... I took a 12 week unpaid maternity leave with no short term disability, aflac or anything else
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• lol mompam i was going to say the same thing.. disability should cover what your work doesnt.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2011