Are there any ALL NATURAL treatments to give my daughter for ADD?

My daughter is going on 8 years old. She is having a really hard time focusing in class when doing school work, AND at home when its time to do her homework. Her teacher and I have tried everything we can think of to help her succeed, and now she is in danger of getting held back. Before going straight to hard core medications like Ridlin(? spelling) I want to try some natural alternatives.

ADD has run in my family for generations, as I also suffer from Adult ADD. HELP!!!! I just dont want to see my daughter suffer!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Take her to a chiropractor. 100% natural and multiple studies have proven it to work.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• it may help with your ADD as well. I have ADD .....oooh shiny....too. LOL
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Try a naturopath. Our family doctor is a naturopath. My oldest son was diagnosed ADHD, and the meds were worse than the ADHD by itself. He's been on an regime of natural supplements for about a year and a half now. They've improved his behavior and his outlook on life immensely. Some are daily or every other day, and some are just when he starts to have trouble with it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 7:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• how do you know if the doctor is a naturopath though?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'm probably going to get all sorts of thumbs down for this- but caffeine work REALLY well. It can be in the form of dark chocolate or a cup of tea in the morning. What people with ADD need is a stimulant (which is what adderol, Ritalin and wellbutrin are). I was put on all of them with horrible side effects. In high school I quit taking them and just had 1 cup of coffee in the morning and it got me through.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 7:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You know, that works for my younger brother. I have tried that with my daughter, and the results were horrible! she was going 100mph with everything, talking, running, anything she did. And it lasted about 3 hours!!! I just dont know what else to do anymore
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Look into the Feingold diet, google it. Look on amazon and type in ADHD cookbook. A friend of mine has had great results by having her son go dairy & gluten free(she finds gluten really causes the most issues w/ the ADHD).
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• 2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Definitely look into the Feingold diet. Avoiding food additives and dyes can make a big difference in treating a child with ADD. Processed foods are causing a lot of harm to our kids.
    WildtreeMommy

Answer by WildtreeMommy at 11:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:06 AM on Mar. 26, 2011