Is she over reacting orr what?!>:o!*vent*

ok so as i mentioned in my last post my husband was killed in a car accident 3 weeks ago during the first two weeks my mother in law stayed with me and the girls then she went back to her house (2 hours away) the week of the funerel ok so that last time i saw her was last friday at the funerel

now heres some background info:before my husband passed he was a HUGE momas boy he worked far out by his moms house so he would go over there for his lunch break and every other weekend me him and the girls would go spend the weekend at his moms house his mom absolutley adores the girls and she loves to spend time with them well she called me today and this is how it went

MIL:Hey im going to be in town today visiting your mom me and her had planned to do lunch this afternoon and i was woundering can i get the girls after they get out of school since i haven't saw them since last week

me:there out of school they have been out all week on spring break and im sorry but we have plans this afternoon how long are you going to be out here?maybe i can bring them by to see you

MIL:Whatt?/they have been out all week and you didnt tell me?they could have spent all week with me who has been watching them while you were at work?

me:me well lonnie (my 6 year old)has been with my mom and my sister all week my sister had her baby so shes been over there enjoying the baby with them & Kaljah (my 8 year old)has been going with me to work

MIL:What?Omg you know i would have kept the girls for you now im upset i really wanted to see them what exactly are your plans for today? because i can wait until your done and maybe i can take the girls back home with me for the weekend and then i"ll bring them back down Sunday morning?

me:i have things to do, and they cant come this weekend Kaljah (my 8 year old) is going with her grandma on her dads side this weekend and Lonnie (my 6 year old) is going with her god mother this weekend but if your coming down Sunday Morning i can make arrangements to get them back Saturday night and then Sunday we can all go have Breakfast together maybe the whole family can come,what time are you coming down on Sunday?

MIL: (yelling) Ugg you know what just forget it its obvious you guys don't have time for me anymore i want to still have a relationship with my grand daughters but i don't see how i can do that if you always have there schedules booked up so just call me when your NOT too busy and then we can plan something

me:it isnt like that we do have time for you but im just trying to keep the girls busy and they have had these weekend plans since tuesday

MIL:Whatever just leave me to Die alone without ever seeing my grandaughters again thats your plan isnt it?

me:NO NOT AT ALL i dont even know why you would say such a thing!!

MIL:WHATEVER (Hangs up in my face)

is she over reacting orr what?

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 7:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• She is grieving.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sounds like her grieving is getting the best of her. Don't take it to heart. Let her calm down and see if you can talk to her in a few days.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• She is just upset...the kids are her last connection to her son. She will be fine...but maybe you could ask the girls what they would like to do
    sassygoddess

Answer by sassygoddess at 7:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• First of all sorry for your loss, God bless you! Second of all yes I do think she is in a mixture mode of overreacting and trying to find ways of letting her stress out, afterall she just lost her son. I wish you the best :/
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I agree. She's still grieving,and trying to hold onto any part of her son, especially his children. Don't let it get to you, things will improve.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yes, she is overreacting and while she may be grieving so are you. I would keeping on going as best as I could and let her get over it on her own. You don't need to have to deal with crap from your MIL with all you are going through right now. Good luck.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• She just lost her son 3 weeks ago, try not to take outbursts too seriously. Just be there for her when you can, you know exactly what she's going through.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i am sooo sorry for your loss God bless you and your family Im with everyone on this she is obvioulsy very upset/greiving and taking it out on you
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss. She probably did over react because of her grief. She feels totally left out now. Everyone has to adjust and it will be rough for awhile. It is all still so raw. Does she live alone? That will make it even worse. Stay as calm as you can when you talk. She will be grateful someday for your understanding especially since you are grieving so much now too (althought you may not ever hear the thanks for that). I hope you find a few peaceful moments each day and your children do OK.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• @elizabr thanks & not she doesn't live alone her son (16) lives with her and next week her daughter (25) is moving in with her 3 kids
    i spoke with my sister in law and she says my mother has been like this with her too
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2011