Questions about toddlers and sleep

does your 18 month old nap?
if so what time to what time?
if your toddler doesn't, what time do they go to bed and get up in the mornings?

how many hours of sleep are recommended for this age?

thanks ladies!

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 7:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well I too have a 18month DS and he naps EVERY DAY. Granted he wakes up still at night between 1-4am. But he is put in bed at 9pm and i check on him perodically.Some nights he goes straight to sleep and other nights he dont go to sleep til 11pm. but he always wakes up anywhere from 9-10am. I was watching "The Doctors" and they said children this age are suppose to sleep anywhere from 12-16 hrs a day.. Hope thats help!!
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My DD is 2 1/2...she is still taking 2 hour naps every afternoon. If she doesn't she's a bear...if she misses a nap, she doesn't sleep as well at night either. she is still waking up a few nights a week maybe once or twice. She has always gone to bed around 9:30 and wakes up anywhere between 8:30 and 9. It's recommended whatever they can sleep. the more the better in my opinion. they are growing and if they want to sleep, I say let them :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My 2 1/2 year old still takes a nap, usually anywhere from an hour to sometimes 3 hours (especially when he had a busy morning). Without his nap, he's definitely grumpy late afternoon. He goes to bed around 8:30pm-9:00pm, and usually wakes up around 6:30am. I wouldn't mind if he slept in a little more, but oh well.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• yes, he usually takes a nap after he eats lunch (around noon) and sleeps for an hour, sometimes two or three. He goes to bed at 8 pm and wakes up at 8 am.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My two napped until the age of two.. One napped for 2-3 hours and one napped 1.5 hours (if I was lucky). Nap time was always right after lunch. So sometimes my oldest slept until 3PM. They went to bed at 7 PM for a long time, even with a long nap, and slept roughly 11-12 hours.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My one son is 18 months. he sleeps less than my 2 1/2 year old. he naps an hour to an hour and a half, while the 2 year old sleeps 2 hours or sometimes 2.5 hours. They go to bed at the same time, and my 18 month old is always awake first. Sometimes an hour earlier than my older.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 7:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2011