okay im 36 weeks with third baby and 2cm dialated and 50% effaced babys head is low but not low enough, what can i do to help him come futher down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do, but walking and sex are the best things you can do (and they're 100% safe!!) that can encourage your baby to come (though he will come when he's ready). Try to be patient (I know, it's agony!). Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• You can try rocking in a rocking chair and bouncing on a yoga ball as well. They help widen the hips so baby can slide down, but this doesn't work if baby isn't ready! My baby didn't drop until he came out, even though I'd spent the entire weekend (he was born on Monday) walking and sitting on a ball, plus rocking at the hospital. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I used the yoga ball and did lots of walking...I went into labor walking the mall with my second!
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 3:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• WALK WALK WALK WALK!!!! The best thing you can do is walk! It not only helps the baby drop, but will make labor faster and easier.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• 36 weeks isn't even full term, why would you even want to make the baby come down?
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• SEX SEX SEX SEX!!!!! Best way to get a baby in and the best way to get the baby out!
    SarahShirey

Answer by SarahShirey at 4:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• walk
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2008