33 weeks preg and having VERY bad pain on the very TOP of my stomach...

it's just on the right side and feels like a knife stabbing me every few min....has anyone else experienced this and maybe called the doc?? I am just wondering, I will call in the morning if it doesn't ease off. It seems to be in the same spot everytime

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's probably your gallbladder then. I think gallbladder problems are relatively normal in pregnancy. Just ask your doctor about it. And you're right about calling the doctor. You'd know if something was wrong enough to call the doctor. I know when I've experienced pains and called the doctor they always tell me to just lay down until the pains go away. Don't worry too much about it unless the pain gets worse or you experience a new symptom, like bleeding. I think everything will be fine though.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 8:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• in a million years I'll never understand why you'd be OK w/ a knife stabbing type of pain and not wanting to call dr. til tomorrow morning. My brain literally doesn't understand why people are ok w/ suffering and not knowing what is wrong...... dr's went to school for 7-10+ years to diagnose things. Let them!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sounds like it could be your gallbladder. What did you eat today?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Mmmm if your uneasy call your doc... I have had that a little and I'm in my 4th pregnancy

I'm right there with you, due April 25....

but call your dr if your uneasy
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• VERY in cap letters bad pain? ... why would you not call your nurseline/doctor? That is what their phone # was set up for.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sounds like gallbladder pains. After I had my son, I had my gallbladder removed because the pregnancy gave me gallstones. If you ate something greasy or spicy and then had the pains it is definitely most likely your gallbladder. But you should probably call your doctor, even if its just to make you feel better about the pain. Good luck!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 7:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had tacos - greasy and spicy.....and if you are interested hibbingmom i don't know anyone personally who call the doctor every time they feel bad. obviously VERY bad is VERY bad but not hospital bad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I would call your doctor. It could be something simple like babies feet position or something serious like a gallbladder infection
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• cl Doctor asap...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You can probably wait until morning to call the doctor if it is a gallbladder issue, which it sounds like. But if you start getting feverish or vomiting, go to the ER. And don't eat anything that is greasy or spicy, just bland food until you talk to the doc.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2011