How do I fix my relationship?

We are going thru a rough patch and we are drifting apart. I know a lot of it is because of my depression but anytime I try to talk to him its like talking to a brick wall. I can't afford counceling or doctors so what do I do?

taralynns1984

Asked by taralynns1984 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• honestly..you need to really talk to him. .though its hard you need to say whats what, mean it
    and if he doesnt respond..... then its his loss. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Honestly you shouldn't need counseling. You both can work on this together. Having open communications with your partner are quite a big part of a relationship. I hope you two work it out, it's all about if you WANT to work it out. Good luck!
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'm doing a bible study right now called Love & Respect. It's talking about how women desire love and men want respect. I know it sounds crazy, and I'm only in Session 1 in all reality but it is very truthful in the things that it is saying. You need to sit down with him where there is no distractions and really talk with him. Remember that Peter says it is an unconditional respect. It doesn't matter if you feel that he doesn't deserve it, trust me I have a big issue with this and my husband. Let him know that you do respect him but you get frustrated when... It makes a big difference.
    a.wright194

Answer by a.wright194 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yea I can see where the respect issue comes into play but at the same time I feel like he doesn't respect me either. I have done so much for him and all I ask in return is some understanding and someone to talk to. He doesn't understand that I feel very alone here and because of it I don't want to live in texas. But he just shoots me down anytime I bring it up. I'm at a breaking point.
    taralynns1984

Comment by taralynns1984 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2011