In serious need of some help.

I've been married for almost two years now.
Things have slowly taken a turn for the worse.
It started with him talking to another woman in an open marriage.. And plotting to cheat on me with her. He even went as far as meeting the husband so that he could start seeing her.
After this I struggled to even want to talk to him, let alone let him touch me.
We've been on the rocks to say the least.
This past weekend at the bar a guy friend gave me a hug (always hug all my friends) but my husband thought it was a little too long, and on the walk home decided to talk to me about it. He ended up slapping me, not hard but still not ok.
I need out. But I don't have a car, or a drivers license. I don't start my job till mid April because I've been too nice and watched my sisters baby for next to nothing for the past year, so I have no savings.
I don't know what to do. I feel so stuck.
I don't want to go to a shelter. I had to go into one with my mom, and I know it's not a good place for my 3 year old autistic son to be in, and my father lives in FL and my mother has 30 cats in a trailer. Neither are options. I need something in the area I'm in because my son is in a special school that provides all the services he needs, and he's doing wonders with it.
If anyone knows anything I might be able to do please feel free to help. I really need some good advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry. Can your sister help you in any way with a place to stay? Any friends who might help? You could offer to pay rent once your job starts and then start to save until you can possibly get out on your own.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• There are special shelters just for women and children everywhere. Google it, and get out. When I needed to get out of my first marriage, I enlisted in the Air Force. It gave me everything I needed to stand on my own. Just a thought. Do not stay because you feel like there is no where to go, no one deserves to be abused.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 8:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• :( I hope you sort it out, he doesnt sound like a nice guy at all.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 8:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I can only respond as an HR Director for a private special Ed school for children with severe disabilities or multiple diagnosis in CT, but I can guarantee you that if one of our student's parent came to us with this scenario we'd pull together & coordinate services for that family. Perhaps try talking to your case manager or school liason. ???
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I would hit your sister up. It sounds like it might be convenient for her if you are watching her child anyway, and temporary because you are starting your job in a couple weeks and can do something for yourself then. I would try to stay somewhere (I know around here there are some hotels that are as cheap as $100 a week) until you can get yourself in somewhere stable.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Im so sorry that you are going through this. Can you stay with a good friend and your sister sounds the best bet. I dont know where you live but in Ca. there is this place called LAURA HOUSE....They help mothers that are being abused. Or call 211 they can help only if you live in Ca...Hope I helped you and GOD BLESS
    Apryl9

Answer by Apryl9 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• call around churches? Even if you are not religious there are many well off christians with extra bedrooms who love helping ppl.
    Kinsleyttc

Answer by Kinsleyttc at 9:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233)

Answer by rkoloms at 9:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• sorry 2 say this , but ur man sounds like a jerk! sounds like ur sister can help u out.Try talking 2 her about ur situation.Work,work hard.Save some money til u get ur life back on track, Never stay in an abusive relationship.Nobody deserve it. Nobody can help u in this situation,but urself. Good luck & God bless u & ur son............
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 9:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2011