Can anyone tell me if there is a design/digitizing software for the Viking Topaz 20 that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? THANK YOU!!

I just bought a Husqvarna Viking Topaz Design 20. The 5D Pro software cost between $1600 and $1900. All I want to do is either scan a company logo and convert to an embroidery cile or recreate it as best I can with some type of software.

Can anyone help??

Thanks, Kathy

kftld

Asked by kftld at 8:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Join one of the yahoo groups for machine embroidery....there are a few Viking groups, I'm in the Designer group. You will get advice on software, or you may find someone who has the software and will digitize the logo for you for a reasonable price!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Paint.net will probably work for you. It does everything my Photoshop Pro does and MORE. Its Easy to use and easy to learn and there are several groups here called Paint.net that have awesome tutorials to show you how to use this totally free program
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It has to digitize a picture into embroidery in the Viking language, so it's very specialized software, but there are more affordable programs. I've heard embird is good, I don't know if the Topaz does hus, shv or a new language?
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• First, thanks sooo much for answering so fast!! I have not heard of either of the paint.net or embird but I will look into them. I originally purchased the H600 (I think that's the name) which had better software but the machine embroidery was not up to what I needed. I upgraded to the Topaz 20 but the software is very limited. I'm even willing to pay for the software, but not $1600 dollars which is in addition to the $2500 plus I've already spent.
    kftld

Comment by kftld (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• The Topaz does vp3 and I believe (?) hus. Thanks again
    kftld

Comment by kftld (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2011