I feel lame,

Ive chosen not to drink because i came from a family who abuse alcohol and drugs. But i feel so lame going out with friends and always drinking pop or water while everyone drinks. I really dont want to drink i just get sick of being the car pool lady. Just wanted to vent lol does anyone ever feel left out when hanging with friends because you chose not to do things that they do?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 8:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• invite them to go to a movie, lunch, etc, things that don't have to involve drinking. i work in a bar, so i'm always the sober one with all my friends on the weekends, getting them drunk and none for me... but i will still take a quick break to hit the dance floor with my girls. i'd definitely try to do something that doesn't center around drinking tho... if they're good friends they'll understand your feelings and make an effort to connect with you on a level other than bars... good luck and kudos to you for sticking to it.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes,but I try to do the better for me no matter what
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yep, I have always done my own thing. People make fun of me because I don't drink. I do feel lame sometimes but I stand by my principles. I won't give in to pressure, I don't have to 'fit in' with anyone.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Get a seltzer water IN a martini glass with a twist of lemon so it looks like a drink. Most people wont even ask what it is and assume it's a cocktail. I know how it feels to always be the designated driver and only invited out so you can drive. Sorry you are treated like that.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• At least you have friends to go out with. Be thankful for that :D
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• pretend to drink and tell them you'er too drunk to drive haha
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 10:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2011