11weeks pregnant and still getting negative tests!

i really worried of miscarriage cause ive had 3 in the past. my doctor comfirmed my pregnany by ultrasound but i cant seem to get a positive urine or blood test. what could be the reason i keep getting negative test? he only did an ultrasound because i asked and seemed so convinced i was pregnant. anyone else took a while to get a positive? if so, how long far along where you? and was it a blood or urine test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• ok I know I would be freaking out too but why are you still taking the test if you Dr has confirmed it. Some women do not excret hcg in their urine. Call your DR they should be doing beta hcg test to make sure your levels are rising. Good luck I hope that this is just a fluke and all goes well for you.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i just kinda want to have positive test i can take a picture of keep as a memory ya know? its my bf and i 1st baby and we're really excited and wanna make a bunch of memories of this pregnancy for our lil one when they older.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I read somewhere that after so many weeks you don't produce HCG, or maybe you just never produced enough for the tests to pick up. You have your ultrasound pic, that's your positive result, way better than a pink line!
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• maybe after 12 weeks as at 12 weeks you go threw a big change in pregnancy as that when the baby starts feeding threw the planeta if you give me a sec i get you the info

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 9:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• pregnancy week 12

your placenta will take over the production of hormones around this time. If you have suffered from corpus luteum cysts they may begin to dissolve now. Your risk of miscarriage is reduced even further. so test after your 12 weeks

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 9:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• hCG levels peak at, I think, 10-11 weeks. Then they go down a bit for a few weeks before staying the same through the rest of the pregnancy. So if you haven't gotten a positive yet, you're more than likely not going to.

Keep all the ultrasound photos. Your child will think it's way better than some stick you peed on years ago. ;)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:04 AM on Mar. 26, 2011