What does it mean when you talk to your husband and than he just stares

My husband and I have been together now 9 months and have a blended family with 4 teenagers. I talk to him about alot of issues that I think we need to work toghether on and give each other some advice. When I talk he just stares at me and than when I am waiting for a reply he still stares. It makes me so mad, sometimes I talk to him and his eyes go in the back of his head. Does that mean that he is tuning me out? Another thing that really really bugs me is that when we go out for dinner with either me and him alone or with the kids he just sits there and chats on his cellphone or doesnt talk. I think that is really rude and here it is suppose to be FAMILY TIME and he has nothing to say. When I iniatte talking with the kids it goes well and sometimes he will talk and tell some jokes, but than afterwards he comes up to me and says did I do good honey. Kiss me...Too me he is like a kid..Just let me say we are 21 years apart and he is almost 60....It justs drives me nuts...I think it is very disrespectful too

Apryl9

Asked by Apryl9 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband sometimes do the same thing, I often wonder if he has something to do with being 40 or something. I just start clowing a little bit and that usually helps him to zone back in. Don't worry about it.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think that he may be uncomfortable in this stage of his life right now and is still adjusting to knowing where it is that he fits in. You and he are still in the newlywed stage and if these are your kids then he's not sure what to say, or if it is his kids it may be that he's not sure what to say in order not to offend you either. It takes a period of adjustment. You do need to talk to him though and tell him that you need more communication from him and that you feel you need him to listen and provide feedback, that feedback is what you are looking for, not just an understanding ear; which he may be assuming that you need.
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 9:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• men.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 10:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2011