do u think its disgusting when......?

u see a mom pick up a pacifier and clean with their mouth and stick it back in the babys mouth? even worse a bottle?
gross!
whats the grossest you have seen?
what do they think mom and baby have the exact germs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

• I saw one mom who sucked on a french fry one time then gave it to her baby so that it was "soft enough to chew" that made me lose my appetite.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• yeh it grosses me out also. i think it makes it even worse it repulses me.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I've been guilty of that many times. Seeing as how I breastfed and I regularly give my baby kisses on his lips, I don't really find it that gross. Plus, you know, he did come out of my vagina. And if I was out somewhere and couldn't properly wash it, I figured my spit was better than dirt off the ground. Seriously, my kid puts way grosser things in his mouth than that.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I think that's gross. I had one child and she refused to ever suck on a pacifier so I guess I can't judge either.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 3:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• thats super gross u can carry a bottle of water in a diaperbag. plus breast milk doesnt have the germs that our mouths have. and the sugars can rot the new teeth they get! a lot of dentist can back that up and doctors.
    Anonymous

• I'm guilty of doing this myself. i would rather have my child getting my germs than all the germs that are on the floor or wherever the paci was at. Sometimes its not feasible to be able to run to a bathroom to rinse things off.
    plprincess78

Answer by plprincess78 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Okay, I'll make a mental note that with my next baby I'll just whip out my boob and squirt some breastmilk on it. Thanks for the idea.
    Anonymous

• keywords water bottle! plus babies r us carry lil cases that have a lil squirt bottle for the paci and there are ones that close up before hitting the ground. like a shell. theres plenty of options. that are healthier!
    Anonymous

• Anonymous 3:53 laughed out lout when I read that!! LOL.
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• my MIL will put a whole bite of soup in her mouth, spit it back onto the spoon and feed it to her grandchildren. She did it to my son and now to my niece. I wouldn't even do that for my own son. I wanted to throw up when I saw she did that.
    Anonymous