What was your college roommate/first roommate like?

fnkybutlvn

Asked by fnkybutlvn at 8:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We had nothing in common but we got along nicely. she's a great person.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My first roomate was actually my oldest brother and my now husband. We all rented a house together. It was great. Everybody signed a rental agreement, we all cleaned up after ourselves, no problems. My second roomate was in college and what a nightmare. She was a PIG. Left her clothes and food stuff all over. She fried my keyboard by spilling soda on it. She stole clothes..but the end of the line was the Sunday aftnoon I came back from chapel and she was having sex in MY bed. No more roomates. I moved into a small cramped 400 sq ft studio in town ALONE and loved every second of my cramped privacy.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My first roommate was my husband (then boyfriend). It took some time to adjust to living with my boyfriend and it being my first time living on my own. He's a lot messier than I am, and it used to frustrate the hell out of me, lol. Now I can't imagine living without him. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• A nightmare, for the following reasons (just to name a few):

1. Even though we had bunk beds, she brought guys "home" and had sex on the top bunk - with me on the bottom. I would drop huge "f bombs" on here and storm out of the room to sleep elsewhere.

2. She would get on my computer and download games without my permission.

3. Ate all my food.

4. Was generally disgusting. Hair everywhere, toothpaste on the mirror (wtf?)

But the big kicker is:

5. While I was home for the weekend, she wore MY bedsheet to a toga party, then put it back on my bed WITHOUT washing it. The only reason I knew this was because she was stupid enough to post facebook pictures....and my bed smelled like beer.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• the 1st female I lived with (room-mate situation) turned disastrous. Her son, my godson, was profoundly disabled and wheelchair bound and non verbal. I worked all day and would come home to find him in the same diaper from 10 hours prior. She was laaaaaazeeeeeeee ... I had no idea a women, a mom, could be so lazy. I eventually drew up a roommate contract and it fixed a FEW things, but not much. Her baby daddy fell behind on child support and she couldn't even get out of bed before noon to goto court and get the $$$ owed. So I let the phone be shut off and I got myself a cell phone. I got a boyfriend and spent as much time with him as possible. I called CPS on the down low broke my lease to leave eventually once she told me if I didn't get up and feed her kid she was leaving with this dude she met online. I very rarely get along w/ females..... likely because of her. When I had kids she she expected to be involved. HA!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had 3 roommates my first year in college. It sucked. 4 girls in 1 room...not a good idea and after I quit school they changed it to only 3 people to a room, lol. We had our own private bathrooms, though, with a tub which was cool.
    Our 1 roommate was crazy. She forbid boys in the room (at any time she was there even if we were all just watching TV or studying), she forbid pizza in the room, she forbid us from decorating for Christmas, watching Christmas movies or listening to Christmas music because she didn't like them. My other 2 roommates weren't bad but they joined a sorority who would call at all hours of the night waking us all up. They all moved out the 2nd semester and I had a 4 person room with private bath to myself. That was nice. The next year was worse. They forbid me to use the bathroom in our room, threw my shoes away, stole my food, used my computer without asking, refused to pay the cable, etc.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My 1st roomate was my now ex-husband. We got married 6 days after my 18th birthday. Being an only child, it was wierd for me to have to suddenly share everything,but I learned. We have 2 kids,and were divorced 5 and a half years later. Neither of us regret the marriage, we have our 2 beautiful kids from it. However, we have both said we married the wrong person the 1st time,and both found the right person the 2nd time, as I've been married to current DH almost 23 years,and he's been married to his wife 22 years.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Oh man, my first room mate was a nightmare! She would use my hygiene products and never replace them. She used my washcloths as pads because she was too lazy to go to the store to buy pads. She screwed my boyfriend when I drove to California to pick up a friend. She'd use my body wash as laundry detergent because she said it smelled good (it was Victoria Secret stuff). She'd eat my food and drink my beverages. She'd get drunk and bring random illegal's to our apartment and screw them in the bedroom we shared. Then the guys she'd bring over would sit there and stare at me and make perverted comments in Spanish thinking I wouldn't know what they're saying. She would 'borrow' my clothes even though she was like 80 lbs more than me (my poor pajama pants). I seriously could go on and on about her but I'll shut up now.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• We got along very well. Hung out on occasion but still maintained our own set of friends. She would come home with me and we would have very serious talks about life and also very personal things. I love my roomie! We don't keep in contact much, but when I am near her hometown I always get in contact with her and we try to meet up. She was a neat person and loved fashion too. lol
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 10:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My roomates were the roomates from HELL. There were three of us in a small room at college. I swear they were both taking a dual majors in sex and alcoholism. They would come back to the dorm drunk with different guys andn procede to have the guys in their very small bed. I had to invest in ear plugs and a thick blanket. They would also get drunk and puke all over our room regularly. I also got frequent phone calls from then and others that they were too drunk to make it back to their room and could I go get them. i did because i would have felt bad if something would have happened to them. It was a freaking nightmare. I transfered colleges after the first semester and commuted the 45 minutes from my home every day. No way was I doing dorm life again after that!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2011