My daughter has a 'boo boo' on her 'private' adult content

:0( I am trying to decide what is causerie her discomfort this evening. She does seem a little red around her vulva and inner labia. I saw no discharge or anything... she is recently potty trained and may not be wiping well so I am leaning towards that but I know little girls can be prone to uti's and some get yeast infections. I plan to take her ot the ped if it isn't cleared up by Monday and we will hit the 24 hour place if it gets worse this weekend but I wondered if anyone has experience with this or has any ideas. I am POSITIVE it has nothing to do with sexual abuse.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Kids' Health

• try an over the counter diaper rash cream and see if it improves. If it does then it was irritation due to wetness (not wiping well enough etc etc) I had this problem when my daughter first transitioned to going on her own because she wasn't wiping well enough either. It was minor and I saw improvement in less than a day. If by monday she's still got it and your using the rash cream then I'd say it's probably something else (maybe yeast not sure) and worth going to a doctor at that point.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 8:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It could also be an injury. Sometimes the little tikes fall on a toy and get a boo-boo there. My daughter got one and I paged the ped for advice. She told me to give her a soak in a warm bath with some Epsom salt . . to ward off bacteria and help clean it.

If her pee smells funny, if she is peeing alot, or crying while she pees, you'll need to get her to urgent care this weekend, because you can't let that go.

Good luck.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Does your daughter take bubble baths? This is fun but for little girls it can be very irritating to the private areas.
    Also like you said it may be her not wiping very good or she may be wiping too much-also certain kinds of toilet paper can cause irritation. Maybe you could look into trying a different brand or some of those flushable wipes they make for kids.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• If she is recently potty trained she may be having difficulties wiping herself completely or too roughly. You need to see how she is doing it. If that is the cause then it is an easy fix in teaching your daughter proper wiping techniques or you may find that you need to keep an eye out if you see that she is wiping properly; may be something like a change in bubble bath or a reaction to a new soap or detergent.
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 8:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• also if her communication skills are good enough ask her if it hurts when she goes or if it itches really bad. Those would be good indicators to if it's an infection too.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 8:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sounds like a rash...I'd head to the 24 place this weekend. They can probably give you a topical ointment/cream.
    Anonymous

• buttpaste? that stuff is a lifesaver!
    Kinsleyttc

Answer by Kinsleyttc at 9:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• What are her nails like? Sometimes my daughter will scratch herself down there and REALLY scratch herself, so that there's a booboo. Hope it clears up soon.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 9:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:05 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Try taken her to the doc have u thout that she may have been touched.Ask her.........I would be taken her to the doc nomatter what.
    ozzydane

Answer by ozzydane at 3:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2011