What works that is not a pyramid or requires you to sign people up under you?

I would love to find some sort of way to generate extra money. I am not a fan of the whole pyramid scheme or of programs that require you to sign up others underneath you. I would like to just out and out sell something or just write or something like that to earn money. I just don't want people to run and hide when they see me coming cuz they are afraid I am gonna pitch something to them. Any ideas ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Money & Work

• I thought as you did - but then I realized that I was already doing the one thing I didn't want to do - I was sharing with my friends and family my results from products I was happy with - referring them to products and making all these stores income by sending them to purchase these products - now with the 2 products I promote, which are the healthiest and purest products I have ever come across, I am making the money instead of the stores, which carrying other, inferior products. It is to bad that a few companies and people that reprsent them have given them such a bad wrap. I dont hound people for their business. they know that I offer healthy products and they come to me to try and to get involved just for the fact that i am educated on these products and they also see what they are doing for me, for my health and prosperity. Always keep your options open...
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 5:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• yes ehow.com is a great site. you write articles on how to do something. then you get paid when someone reads the article you dont have to sign anyone up under you or anything.
    crazyanniecroc

Answer by crazyanniecroc at 4:27 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Hi there! For what you are looking for I don't think that many jobs like that exist. Almost ALL work from home opportunities are MLM including Ameriplan, Mary Kay, Avon, Candles biz, etc. Most of these do NOT require you to sign people under you...you can just work the selling part of the businesses. I don't understand why so many people are afraid of MLMs because Multi Level Marketing is actually the most effective way of marketing but it is also abused as well....which is really sad. There is also a huge difference between an MLM and a pyramid scheme. In a legit MLM the company's main focus is on promoting a product or a service wether its makeup, candles, benefit plans, etc there always needs to be a product or a service. Also, look for a company that has been around for a long time! If they have been around for at least 10 years, you know they are legit! MLMs are NOT bad!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 8:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• CONT. I think a lot of people confuse them with illegal pyramid schemes where a "company's" main focus is on recruiting and there is no real product or service, so really there is no point in the company existing! Also, true MLM's are for people who are serious about making GREAT incomes from home...they are not bad!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 8:55 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Check this out:

Work at Home for Moms
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:21 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I agree with the other mom. Either you are basing your belief on people who have "chased" you down. Or just misinformed. Pyramids are ILLEGAL! Yes, there are people who are causing people to run and hide, but that is not all of us and we are not required to "sign people up". I felt the same way you did. I thought everything was a pyramid scheme, that is until we fell on hard times and had to do something and I wasn't going back to work and put my baby in Daycare. Now almost 7 years later with our business I never have to work again. So please educate your self. We help educate people with these two videos, they are free and you are welcomed to view them, Click here to get access  I am a firm believer in doing what you love and you will never have to work another day in your life. I wish you success in your search!

usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 11:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I have a success Passion Parties business, and I think it would be a good fit for your needs. You don't have to recruit anyone. You can make good money by just doing parties.

If you PM me, I will send you more information.

Sandra

CreatingYourPassion

Sandra124

Answer by Sandra124 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I am a Sales Director with Mary Kay Cosmetics. If you would like info about the business, feel free to PM me. The great part about this business is you don't HAVE to sign anyone up. You can just sell the product, that is your choice. Pyramids are illegal. This is a dual marketing company. You purchase it from the company and sell it to your customer. Let me know if you have questions.

www.marykay.com/ahenderson1

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 4:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Hello,
    I am a Tastefully Simple Consultant and I absolutely LOVE what I do and it allows me to still stay at home with my daughter but gets me out of the house a few hours a night to go have some fun and make some money. It is not a get rich quick scheme and I won't tell you you'll make $1000 a day because you won't. However on average you can make $150 a party for just a couple of hours a night. That's just one way to make money with Tastefully SImple. If you want more info or have more questions I would be happy to help you! Just let me know!
    The kit costs $170 or 3 payments of $56.66 and you still get your kit right away....and as a personal thank you from me for joining my team I will give you back the $85 after you do 5 parties, which most people do in thier first 60 days anyways
    sammiemommy

Answer by sammiemommy at 1:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2008