Raw diet

views? opinions?

JOR_HAIL

Asked by JOR_HAIL at 8:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Tried it once. I got so sick and nauseous . . . only lasted 3 days. I couldn't digest.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• DH has been doing it for 6 or 7 wks now to loose weight. He has lost 30lbs so far! He says he feels great & he doesn't get so tired in the evening anymore. He is going to wait till he gets to his goal weight to see how to incorporate old foods(he wasn't vegan or veg before, he's just doing it for the health benefits. Our whole house came down w/ the flu while he was raw. The 3 kids and I all got it for a wk and a half, while he only had it for 2days!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Raw is a lot of work. Some vegetables, like tomatoes, are more nutritious cooked than they are raw.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• a friend of mine has been raw for years now. She recently wrote an article on it for our local natural health mag. U can read it online http://asecondopinionmag.com/archives/1888

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I try to make my diet at least half raw. I think there are tons of health benefits to raw foods and that they should be the bulk of what we eat. but I tend to think any extreme is probably not the best option. I think incorporating healthy cooked options into a mostly raw diet is probably the best compromise for overall health
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 9:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have seen people change their lifes because of raw foods diet,definitly do it if you can. Thanks for sharing Lynette.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I think its a good idea
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2011