Any advice for a pregnant women working? How do I avoid calling off if I get morning sickness or am exghasted or when my back hurts really bad at 8 months pregnant?

100

Asked by 100 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm 8 months pregnant and I just push through it. Bills need paid!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sometimes you just have to go to work no matter how you feel or how sick you are. Bills dont pay themselves. Its called making sacrifices. Like when the baby keeps YOU up all night and you get NO sleep but HAVE to go to work anyways because you need to live indoors eat and have electricity. Some people just tough it out, tired, sick, hurting or half dead. They have to because no one else will.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• If your work allows try sipping ginger or snacking on ginger cookies to help with nausea. When I was preg it was about the only thing that helped some with morning sickness. Also eating small healthy meals. Try avoiding greasy foods & fast foods. For back pain try taking frequent breaks to walk around or if your onyou feet alot take breaks to sit down & put your feet up. Fortunitly I was on maternity leave when I reached 8 months. But still had back pain & my boss allowed me to sit & stand when I needed to or walk around some. Try resting some on lunch break & getting a full night sleep so you won't be as exhausted.
    kayleesmom42328

Answer by kayleesmom42328 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• You gotta do what you gotta do. Take a bucket with you to puke in and push through on the rest of it. I worked all the way up to the day that both of my kids were born and with my son I had fibroid tumors the size of lemons in my uterus with my son. Every time he hit one of those I had the most excruciating pain, plus I had sciatica pain that would knock me to the floor, I would yelp in pain, sit down when possible, but keep going because none of it was going to kill me or hurt the baby.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I agree with the ginger ale and ginger cookies! They were my life saver!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• before you get out of bed, grab crackers and a lemon off the nightstand. if you cut into a lemon and breathe in the smell of it, really deep, it will kick the nausea to the curb. eat constantly... little snacks. always keep something in your stomach, when you get hungry it will hit hard and make you very sick. don't let it get to that point.
    i worked til i was 8 and a half months, and it is exhausting. ignore the people who tell you you can't have a single cup of coffee. you can. a hot pack is really useful for your back, esp. if you work at a desk and can use it all day. and make hubby or whoever rub your legs and back as often as you need it. you can do it!
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 26, 2011