Need simple and cheap meal ideas for 2

mamawilbur

Asked by mamawilbur at 9:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Add a pound of cooked hamburger to a box of rice a roni and you have a meal. Any variety will work to. Pasta is cheap but makes ya fat with all the carbs. PB&J does in a pinch for a meal and is cheap. Eggs are cheap and a good protein source. Banquit makes .89 meals in the freezer section. They have a serving of meat, potato and a veggie for .89 cents. Pot Pies are 2 for $1.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Brown half a lb of hamburger, drain fat. Add some chopped onion and saute until soft. Make a box of Mac n cheese, add hamburger. drain a can of peas and carrot or veggie of your choice toss it in. Done. I used to do this a lot for me and the boys when my husband was deployed or on duty.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Pot roast. Toss the roast (pork or beef) into the pot. Put your veggies(carrots, onions, potaotes,etc) thick sliced on top. You can add a TBS or two of water but the meat and veg should have enough. Add your favorite seanonings, we like to add apples and bbq sauce (watered down). Put on the top and come back 4-6 our later. Don't forget to serve crusty rolls. Geesh if I forgot that I'be in A LOT of trouble.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• thanks
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My husband loves this. in medium saucepan warm leftover porkchops, cut into thin strips( or pieces), toss in cooked top ramen noodles ( no soup), throw in sauteed italian squash( or frozen stir fry veggies), then sprinkle on beef seasoning package from noodle package. cheap and yummy.
    nonni2

Answer by nonni2 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• sloppy joes, beans and rice, salmon patties, tacos, hamburger patties and mushroom gravy
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, simple, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I have a subscription to e-mealz on the walmart plan, it is a weekly menu and shopping list for walmart, to feed 4 people for 7 days its about $70, so if you half that, it would be about $35 or $40 a week I have 5 weeks of menus and shopping lists in PDF form, if you would like to try it out, just message me your email (let me know its for the e-mealz) and I'll let you see what I have. If anything, you could get some ideas for some cheap meal ideas. The website is on the paper, if you decide you like their stuff. They have low fat, low carb, low sodium, etc menus to choose from.

lil-momma-shara

Answer by lil-momma-shara at 9:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• pasta stretches far. get ground beef, potatoes and veggies throw in some pasta and you'll be full.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Cheap is making breakfast for us which my husband will take on any given day. Potatoes; eggs and toast.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2011