Have you ever measured "big" and what came of it? adult content

I am 31 weeks pregnant, and yesterday at my doctor's appointment I was measuring between 34 and 35 weeks. I know my due date is not that far off, because I was very on top of my cycles, my early ultrasound was right on track for what I thought, and even the organ measurements from my 20 week ultrasound were dead on. Even at my regular appointments, my physical uterus height measurements have been right on.

They measured me a few times thinking they must have messed up the first one, and it was a nurse, physician's assistant, and doctor in the room...they all gave it a shot. LOL!

When they asked me how big my other kids were, I got nervous as all hell! LOL! My first was 5lbs 12oz, and my second was 7lbs 5oz by the way.

I want to know if other ladies who have had this happen went to their due dates and if they had to have their asses sewn back together afterward?! Were the babies huge?! It freaked me out...but as uncomfortable as I am, I am hoping this shaves a couple weeks off pregnancy.

Give it to me straight ladies.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm 30,weeks and 6 days pregnant and going for an ultrasound Monday because when I was 28 weeks pregnant, I was measuring 35. The last time I was pregnant I measured over the whole time. The doctors actually told me that they guessed my son would be at least 9 or 10 lbs because of how much I was measuring over in the end. But when I had my son he only weighed 7 lbs 5 oz.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 6:36 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My belly always measured a few weeks ahead. My older two kids were 22 inches long, so that is why I think I measured so much bigger. They were all over 8lbs, but were so long that they were skinny.

Have you been tested for gestational diabetes?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I was a few bigger with my first 2. my first was a week late and weighted 8b 12 oz. My 2nd was a week early and 8lb 12 oz. I tore a bit with the first and had ppreclamsia so I was on Mag for about 4 days befor I had him. with my second I started preclamsia and knew what I was getting into and was induced a week early without the mag though. (I dont think preclamsia had anything to do with measuring big though)
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• the only one they were off with was my middle daughter. she was measuring smaller than she really was, both uterine measuremeants and ultrasound measurements. she was actually 10 pounds and i had to have a c-section. so i no longer trust u/s measurements anymore lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yes, I actually just had my GD test a couple weeks ago, and it came back normal. I have gained quite a bit this time, so I was concerned about the GD too!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• lol yeah I measured 9 months at like 6 months. I had twins. my sister in law always measures big. her baby girl was just over 9lbs
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I measured big the whole time. They even did an extra ultrsound to see just how big DS was going be. According to everything due dates matched up. So two weeks before he was due my water broke and I delivered 8lbs 2 ozs and 20 inches of boy.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I always measured little big and they told me it was because I had been pregnant before. My kids were fairly normal sized - my biggest was 8lbs 12oz.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I am currently 31 weeks and 6 days pregnant, when I went in to the doctors around 26 weeks pregnant, they told me I was measuring about 2 weeks ahead of schedule, so they did an ultrasound and told me the baby was right on track and everything was fine, now i am measuring normal, but they said I am most likely going to have a 8lb + kid, which my first was 8.1oz.
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2011