Has anyone else delivered alone?

I have refused to allow anyone in the room with my first two children, but LP is really insistent about being present this time. I feel guilty for not wanting him there, and feel like I'm obligated to let him watch the birth of at least one of his children LOL

I just feel like if I am crapping and puking and in pain, that the last thing I want is to be touched and have a witness to it. Everyone else thinks I'm nuts...and I know my mother is hurt that I have never let her in there. I definitely don't want this to turn into a spectator sport.

IDK. I suppose everyone else has someone in there to witness the "miracle" but were you embarrassed? Did you wonder what you looked like with your legs being held up grunting? It is on my mind, ladies! LOL

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't really worry too much about how I looked. With everything going on and the little one making it's way into the world, do you really think anyone is going to be worried about how you look? My DH didn't even notice any of the gross/unpleasant stuff - he was too excited for the baby.

BTW, what is LP?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i really only had some one other thsn my husband in the room with my second child, my daughter that was almost 3 anf my husbands guy friend where there and they watched a movie in the room with me. but I didnt care about throwing up in front of him after all I have taken care of both of them while there were throwing up from drinking so they took care of me while Ii was in labor, but when it came time to push his friend tok our daughter to go eat
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 9:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Thanks for clarifying that.

This is your life partner, how could you not want him there? He made the baby, he should witness it's birth.

I had my mom and my husband in the room when I had my kids. I can't imagine him not being in the room. It is such a special moment, I would never want him to miss out on it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Heck no! I wasn't embarrassed. I wanted my babies out. I didn't care who was in the room because I was focusing on the pain and pushing them out. It is your labor and delivery. Have you ever thought about having everyone out in the waiting room until it was time to deliver because then they wouldn't have witnessed all of it, only what they consider the most important part.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I had my first alone, by choice - I wasn't with the sperm donor, didn't want my mom in there, and didn't have any friends. I don't regret it.
    Anonymous

• LP?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Life partner...the role I have assigned to the man I have been with for 13 years without marrying! LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• There is no way I would have denied my husband a chance to be there when his children were born. It take two to make them, you should both be there for them the second they are born. I was not embarrassed by him being there... I was more bothered by the possibility of strange hospital staff coming in and out then the person who helped my conceive the child!!! I feel so bad for the father, that must suck to not be able to be there for his babies. ;o(

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Mine worked on a farm quite a bit as a teen and young adult, and he tells me constantly that there is nothing I can do that would be grosser than what he has already seen and done...i.e. delivering calfs, shoving prolapsed bowels back into animals, etc.

I just want to be able to tell the story however I want LOL...I didn't sweat, I didn't curse, I didn't poop, I acted like a lady...and here is the beautiful bundle of joy. LOL. With both my other girls, I asked the nurse to "unhook" me from my IVs and everything immediately, and people were in my room within about 5 mins of birth.

I cant even stand to have someone watch me type or work, it throws me off. I am submitting to the idea that it is going to happen and that I will let him in, but it definitely freaks me out.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It is just embarrassing to me. Before, he has been with me through labor and everything, he just knew that I wanted him in the hall while I was pushing. He has never said anything about it to me, never acted unhappy with it, or anything until now. I think that the reason he wants to now is because he knows it might be our last baby where we have always KNOWN for sure we wanted more in the past. Save your sympathy for him.

I have pooped in a doctor's face both times I have delivered. Puked on myself. Had organs he is supposed to find sexy blown apart. I don't even like to have sex with the lights on...the idea of doing all that in front of someone really freaks me out. Call me crazy.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2011