My son's testicules haven't dropped yet... what can I do ???

My baby is 6 months old and the doctor told me that past that age, they gonna have to pull them down. This means surgery, called orchiopexy, and honestly I am terrified and I absolutly want to avoid that.
Can you imagine, they want to cut open my tiny baby ?!
But I don't want my son to be sterile... I need help

kokomaman

Asked by kokomaman at 9:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Kids' Health

• This happened to my oldest son, but just on one side. When he was 14 months old they went in and pulled it down. Which was good because his was tangled up in the vas deferens and if they let it go much longer it could have cut off the circulation and the testicle would have died.
    It was worrisome for me too, but it is best to do it now before they suffer permanent damage.

Bug HUGS Momma!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Research the procedure and the condition... surgery may be the only option. No one wants their child operated on, but somethings its for the best!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• my son had to have surgery for a circumcision when he was that age because there wasnt enough skin to do it when he was born. it was a simple surgery. nothing major. My dh had to have one of his testicles removed and replaced because it twisted. it was also a simple surgery. only lasted about 30 mins..and he got to come home a few hours later.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I don't know, but I'm gonna give you a bump up to help. GB and take good care
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 9:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My little guy is 20 months, and we just had a consult with a pediatric urologist 2 weeks ago. His are not fully descended, but are not stuck either...they just don't feel like dropping down yet. No surgery for DS, which is a relief to me.
    The urologist assured me that they are fine and I will still someday have lots of grandbabies :p
    I would get a specialist to check it out. Maybe you can avoid having to get it done!
    sunshine82

Answer by sunshine82 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My son had the surgery (one side didn't drop) it was crazy- the same day he was crawling around and acting like nothing happened.
    It really wasn't that big of a deal- he was just unhappy when he was waking up after the surgery.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• id go with the drs advice. it sounds scary but its for the best
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• thank you everybody, and thanks to sunshine82, I think i am going to take an appointment with an urologist, thats sound like a good idea....
    kokomaman

Comment by kokomaman (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• hugs

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Get informed about it, and then let them do it, can you imagine 20-something years down the road how he'll feel with no testicles? Or when he wants to start a family? And you know who children automatically blame..
    alemlovo

Answer by alemlovo at 8:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2011