Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pain in my pelvis....any advice? adult content

I've had this constant pain for over 2 months's almost like a sore muscle feeling and it's right next to my right hipbone. When i work out it hurts like hell and i want to figure out if I need to be worried or not. Sex has become really painful too, if DH goes too deep it almost feels like he hits a bruise inside me. My biggest fear is it may have something to do with my irregular PAP last year. The last PAP i had was normal (my 6 week checkeup after my DS was born) but that was over a year ago and my doctor had asked that i return for another (never did) and I don't have health insurance anymore so going to a Dr. is out of the question UNLESS it turns out it's something really important...which is where you guys come in. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any clue what this may be?


Asked by ShainaMay at 9:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Health

Level 14 (1,642 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • You could have one or either of these 3 things. Endometriosis, uterine fibroids or ovarian cysts. I just had an ultra sound done yesterday because I have the same thing going on. Go to your doc asap and get that checked out.

    Answer by proudmom2510 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

  • You need to go to the doctor. He or she needs to tell you what is wrong.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

  • You may have just strained a muscle or a tendon or ligament. You probably should have it checked out, just to be on the safe side.

    Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

  • I totally have that. I'm pretty sure its an ovarian cyst, as I also have really painful ovulation. As far as I've researched, they're pretty harmless. Someday when I can get a Dr's appt and a babysitter at the same time, I'm going to get checked out though.
    Better safe than sorry!

    Answer by sunshine82 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

  • Go to Planned Parenthood or a low cost clinic. Their doctors are extremely dedicated and can give you at least a pap smear. They can give you an estimate before the procedure. That should rule one thing out. I have a constant pain in right hip area, a deteriorated joint, doubtful at your age. I go to pain dr. and do all I can, so can be anything. You might try a heating pad if you think it is a muscle strain or some rub on pain meds. So sorry for those of you who don't have good health ins. Good luck.

    Answer by Annsf at 10:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

  • Thanks for all the feedback ladies, they confirmed my fears/suspicions and i'm going to make an appointment ASAP! I'll update when I find out what's going on

    Comment by ShainaMay (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

  • yes you do need to get to the doctor as soon as possible

    Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2011