Imaginary Friends

Good? Bad? Harmless?

reaandiziesmama

Asked by reaandiziesmama at 9:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• my son had one for over a year and i saw nothing bad about it except i had to make a plate for "dr humiz" and everything everytime we ate lol
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• sd is almost ten and still pretends to have one. Not because she thinks there's really someone there but because she just wants to talk to someone constantly. It has driven us crazy, she wanted to set a place at the table even though she would say, mom I know my imaginary friend isn't real, I'm just bored. (There aren't a whole lot of kids to play with where we live.) Hubby and I enjoy doing things quietly or keeping to ourselves, sd is extreme opposite, she's a lot of fun but you're just exhausted after talking to her for an hour. I would worry if she actually thought her imaginary friend was real but she knows it's not
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 11:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• they're GOOD. they show the child is creative and intelligent. the most intelligent children are the ones who imagine and create with their mind
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• our daughter had 3 imaginary friends. They all had different personalitles. She could describe what they looked like, what they were wearing, etc. at any given time. One of them was also the perfect excuse for having done something she wasn't supposed to. She'd say "Girlfriend did it", there were a few times that Girlfriend was sent home by me. LOL.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2011