What is your opinion on "Teen Mom" ?

I think that the show has positive and negative effects....but mainly negative. With characters like her (below) on the show, I think the whole concept the show is trying to portray is being overshadowed. What do you all think?

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/25/teen-mom-2-jenelle-evans-catfight-video-footage-britany-truett-fist-brawl/

MaterialGirl198

Asked by MaterialGirl198 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Entertainment

• I think the show is great. It shows the true reality for what can happen with teen pregnancy. The emotions that go along during the whole pregnancy, the tough choices some need to make. The harsh reality that comes along with the responsibility of financially, and emotionally being there for your child. Each and every situations differs and I think this show helps others to understand its not always just so easy. I hope this show continues. The harsh reality that not all parents or families step in to help. The heartache sometimes that comes with making some choices. My heart goes out to some of the young girls who think that the guy will be there for them,and then is not. The struggles these teens face is simply amazing.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I am addicted to that show! I dont know why.. it is kinda stupid.. but my 17 yr old sister was over, and had me watch one of the marathons..and ever since..I have to watch it every Tue night now! I dont agree with most of the parenting styles...but I do think it has 1 positive effect, in that..any sexually active teen watching the show....can see how difficult life can get as a teen mom.
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I would hope it would scare the crap out of some teens who think that having a happy is cute, fun or romantic. I think it does a good job of portraying alot of the hardships of being a young parent.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Never watched it, never will. I don't care what they're trying to portray of if they're trying to scare teen girls, ultimately, if you make a teen a celebrity for being a mom, she will be a role model and other teen swill mimic her.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I've only seen it a few times.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2011