how does a person create leverage with "friends" who use friendship as leverage?

If doing business with strangers is risky enough, how does a person create leverage with "friends" who use friendship as leverage?

I even had those friends who offer to pay but diss-out when the job is almost done and think that I will understand (at enormous cost to me). Frustrating!!

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 3:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Money & Work

• Never do business with family and friends. It's always a heartbreak...
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 4:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Let those friends go. Are they really friends? No. If you are friends with someone then you don't assume they "understand" anything. You make things right.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:56 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I've been in this position and I didn't like it at all. My ex was in a business where you kind of had to play this game. I just didn't really consider these people my friends. That's a good thing because when we were no longer in that business they dumped us.

It's been my experience that business and friendship make strange bedfellows.
    Anonymous