Rivalry between your mom and mil?

My mother hates my MIL, there is no real reason for the animosity, but I do think she is jealous of her. I will post something on my FB and my mom will ignore it, sometimes for weeks. But if my MIL posts on something I have posted, my mom will post within a few hours, on the same post. It is so funny to me. I changed my profile pic and three days later my mil posted that it was a lovely pic. Three hours later my mom is on there posting how beautiful I look and that I got my good looks from her. LMAO!

I find it so funny.

Is there a rivalry between your mom and mil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh yea there is... so happy I don't have either of them on FB!! LOL
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Nope, my mom wouldn't ever deal with it. If my mom got my kids something, my MIL had to get something 10x better. Of course, my mom never played into it, but my kids got some nice stuff from Miss I have to do better than her own mom, LOL.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My mom lives on the West Coast and we live near my in laws in the Midwest. I wouldn't say there's a rivalry, but my mom gets pretty emotional when my MIL buys our kids stuff that she intended/wanted to buy them. Christmas outfits were one example....my mom found out because she had called and offered and then asked what kind I wanted and I said that my MIL had already gotten all the kids outfits. She started crying and said she had to go. My heart breaks for her, cause she misses them so much.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• My mom is the same way. My mil is the most amazing, most giving, caring person I know. My mother, not so much. But if she hears that my mil bought this for the kids or took the kids to give me a break she then offers to do the same. But 9 times out of ten that is all that it is, an offer. There isn't much of a follow through, but hey, it is the thought that counts, right? It kind of makes me laugh but drives me crazy as well. My mom gets very jealous of my kids' relationship with my mil and my relationship as well. I called my mom the other day and before even saying hello she said, "I'm mad at you. You hung out with your mil all day yesterday" (my mil paid $80 for me and the kids to go to a children's museum with her, my mom would never do that even though they have the money) Funny thing, I was calling my mom to hang out with her the next day.
    Anonymous

• I just posted that I was looking for plant clippings so I could grow some houseplants. My mil posted that she has some I can clip myself. My mother posted 5 minuted later that SHE would clip some for me.

Hehehe!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Yes but not from my mom. My MIL is jealous though she tries to hide it these days. It has really made me angry in the past because my mom is so sweet and just wants everyone to get along. Once it became obvious that was not going to happen, she stopped trying to be friendly and is now civil and even then is a million times nicer than MIL who is more manipulative than any 10 people could be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No, my mom knows how I feel about my MIL, there's no reason to be jealous. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:45 AM on Mar. 26, 2011