How do I stop my 11 month old from throwing a tantrum?

My almost 11 month old throws a fit every time I go to change her diaper or try to get her dressed no matter if she is on the floor, on my lap or on the changing table. Please help!!!

amber_drake

Asked by amber_drake at 11:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• my boys are 18 months. I haven't found a way to stop them from throwing a fit. theyre just gonna do it. but dont pay any attention to it. if she throws a fit just let her do it and walk away. eventually she'll figure out she doesn't get her way or any attention by throwing a fit. and it should help.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Just get her dress or change her diaper and then walk away. If she sees that her fit didnt work the more and more you do that the less liky she will. Dont stop getting her dressed or change her diaper(when shes throwing a fit). Then she thinks she wins.:0 Good luck
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 12:23 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Well kids will always pitch fits just to see how far they can push you, thats not going to stop. But i personally do believe in popping, if this isnt your thing i get it but one light but firm tap on the upper thigh, not enough to actually hurt but enough to show your not going to put up with it, and regardless the diaper/clothes will be getting changed, will do the trick. Of course you could always try the fake freak out. "OH MY GOSH! WHERES MY BABY, WHERE S THE ARM. OH NO WHERES THE AR, OH THERES THE ARM. I THOUGHT I LOST IT. " Personnaly i like the second one a lot better but sometimes the first one is nesasary.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 12:42 AM on Mar. 26, 2011