How do I keep my new couch clean?

Just purchased a new couch. It is a cream colored and beautiful. I am sure it is going to begin to look dirty. When it does what is the best to use on it to clean it?

mlanderson

Asked by mlanderson at 11:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Have it treated, first of all, if it's not already (can't think of the name of it, but it's like a coating that you can just wipe anything off, resists stains, etc). Second, don't let anyone sit on it if they're not clean (my furniture is chocolate brown and my kids aren't allowed on it with dirty clothes on or dirty hands, etc). If that's not really an option, consider keeping it covered with a blanket or sheet or something when it's just you & the kids, and oncover it for company.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• A shampooer. you can rent them at some grocery stores (here it's Safeway). Just also rent the upholstry attachment! :D
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Ugh, we just trashed our cream colored couch. It was 5 years old....we finally sat it on the curb to be taken away to a better place lol
    I would say couch cover....something you can throw in the washer :)
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I guess I may have to invest in a new hand shampooer. I have one, but last hubby went to use it on the steps, it would not spray the cleaner out of it. I have a carpet shampooer, but it does not have the attachments. It may be worth investing in a upholstry shampooer. It would probably be cheaper then renting one all the time. Is there a brand of shampoo that is better for upsholstry then others?
    mlanderson

Comment by mlanderson (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2011