I had sex and now im spotting ?

I'm 15 weeks pregnant as of today and I had a doctor's appointment today I heard the heartbeat so I'm not to worried but when I went to the restroom a little while ago when I wiped there was blood on the toilet paper it was light pink I'm not having any pain just the spotting we kind of had rough sex (TMI) so I don't know what's going on I'm kind of worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Its actually pretty common. Just go lay down and rest. You could even cramp just a little bit but it shouldn't last long. As long as it stops then you should be fine. If it goes on for more than an hr you may want to go to the docs.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• btw, until pregnancy is over tell DH to be a little more gentle. ;) Sex is ok, just not so rough.
    SalemWitchChild

• It happens because the cervix is very sensitive during pregnancy. And any trauma to it can cause some bleeding. One night dh and I were having some wild sex and he looks down and said "What the hell is that?" there was blood everywhere. I freaked out and called the midwife at 2am. I was hysterical, but she said I was probably fine. She asked if I was still bleeding and how much blood there was. She said as long as I didn't have horrible cramps and gushing blood it was just my cervix irritated.
    When I went for my u/s the next week, she checked to make sure my placenta was away from my cervix and it was. It just happened that one time. I went on to have a very healthy baby boy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Call ur doc up.It can be any thing you dont know no one else knows.be safe,my friend lost her baby girl like that just a lil spotting that night went into urly labor had a baby girl.She died at birth.My friend was 7 months prego.Me I started spotting and a couple hours later went in urly labor almost lost my son.I was 4 and a half month prego.I keep going into labor.
    ozzydane

Answer by ozzydane at 1:08 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Spotting after sex is completely normal. My first pregnancy, I spotted several times after I had sex and even after getting examined by the doctor. If it would make you feel better call your doctor, I always did lol. But when they found out I had had sex beforehand, they just told me to lay down and relax and just come in if it gets heavier or I experience any pain. You and your baby should be fine. Good luck!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 6:25 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• id call my doctor n let them know, better safe than sorry
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2011