Reglan while pregnant?

I'm 39weeks pregnant..... I have had this pain for days now, it feels like someone/thing is ripping my muscles apart from the inside, it burns sooo bad! I was finally able to talk to an actual doctor and he told me to go to L&D and he would have them put me on a "Reglan IV".... so I'm going to do that, but I want to know if anyone has even been on a reglan iv while pregnant and what might happen.... A friend of mine says it will make my boobs swell/leak and make me "poop" a lot, and could cause me to go into labor because it basically works like castor oil, so Im hoping for that, but I want to know if thats how it really works, I researched it and wasnt able to find anything about it causing contractions... so any help/thoughts would help a lot!!!

lilliedoll

Asked by lilliedoll at 11:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• sorry never heard of that before.I know that my doc I had said castor oil is bad for pregnant wemon.I have had 4 kids Thats the first.I do know if it is like castor oil yall go into labor n ya will have the poopys.Ask ur doc.You have the right.Ask another doc.n get a better apinion.
    ozzydane

Answer by ozzydane at 12:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Is it like the Reglan pill? Because I'm pretty sure thats for acid indigestion.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 6:30 AM on Mar. 26, 2011

• well i went to L&D and said the night, everything was going good, the pain has dulled a lot, i started contracting at about 8 this morning and the doc sent me home because i hadn't dilated any in a hr and a half ( GAY!!) I've been having contractions all day long ranging anywhere from 4mins to 20mins apart... I need something to help them along, I was walking for about 4hrs today... so hopefully tonight will be a good one!!!! maybe....
    lilliedoll

Comment by lilliedoll (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2011